The Needlewoman Shop (London) and its associated magazine (The Needlewoman) were taken over by J&P Coats Ltd (Paisley, Scotland) in 1934. Coats signed a sales agreement with Leach’s Publications Ltd., who subsequently merged The Needlewoman with The Needlecraft Practical Journal. The new magazine was continued under the name of Needlewoman and Needlecraft and issue One appeared in early 1940. This magazine continued to be published until 1970.
Contents include articles on:
- Cross Stitch motifs
- Couching and laid work designs
- Cobweb crochet mat
- Instructions for embroidering Crests of the Services
(A scan of the free transfer in included after the back page of the magazine)
Motifs taken from the transfer are also available on the magazine’s page.